We always have a pot of this chutney in our fridge – it’s so easy to make and really packs a punch. As with all of my recipes, feel free to vary the amount of chilli based on how much heat you can handle!
- 3 green finger chillies
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- 1” ginger
- Small bunch of coriander
- ½ tsp jeeru (cumin)
- ¼ tsp nimak (salt)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 heaped tbsp desiccated coconut
- Place the chillies, garlic, ginger and coriander in a food processor and blend
- Add jeeru, nimak, sugar, lemon and coconut and blend until you have a coarse chutney
- To bulk out the chutney without adding heat, add ½ green bell pepper or 2” cucumber with the chillies
- To make a milder chutney, add a few spoonfuls of greek yoghurt at the end and mix through
- For a quick mint chutney, swap out the coriander for mint leaves
Keep the chutney in the fridge and it will last a few days. Lili chutney is a great accompaniment to lots of dishes but one late night snack that I absolutely love is cheese and chutney toasties!!